Introduction to Solar Energy
What you’ll learn
- Acquire a foundation and understanding of solar power
- Understand the key components to solar power systems
- Understand how solar systems are generally sized
- Understand how utilities typically credit you for solar production
- Understand the differences between Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 solar module manufacturers
- Understand the difference between string, micro, and central inverters
- Learn the basics of how to make smart solar decisions and how to protect yourself from making poor decisions regarding purchasing solar
- Understand the key points to why solar makes sense
- A desire to understand how solar works
- A desire to understand how solar power systems interact with your utility
- A desire to know the difference between module types and manufacturers
- A desire to better understand options related to choosing proper solar modules, inverters, and racking for your application
- A desire to better understand financing options that may be available for solar power systems
- A desire to learn more than what you can typically find from a solar contractor’s website
This course will walk you through how solar power works, the different types of systems and equipment currently available in the market today (2017), and different purchasing and finance options.
Upon completing this course, learners will receive a verified certificate to boost their career. ( See sample certificate below)
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Solar Energy Introductory Course
- Solar Energy and the Global Electricity Supply
- Could the world run on solar power?
- How much land is needed to run the world on solar power?
- How does a solar cell produce electricity?
- What is the photovoltaic effect?
- How is the efficiency of a solar cell measured?
- How to calculate how many solar modules you need
- How efficient are solar cells?
- The Maximum Possible Efficiency of a Solar Cell
- How much does a solar power plant cost?
- Solar Energy in a Nutshell
- What Would It Take To Power The United States With Solar Energy?
- How do solar panels work?
- DEWA MBR Solar Park 360 Video English
- Solar power: the next generation
- Here’s Why Solar Energy May Beat Out Coal in a Decade
- The Cost Decline of Solar Power
- China has just built the world’s biggest solar farm
- Solar and wind power became cheaper than fossil fuels
- What is the Duck Curve?
- Tesla reveals the future of the power grid
- 60% of our energy will come from renewable zero emission sources by 2040